the role of web 2.0 in learning and teaching

Last week I prepared my final report on my recolo project prior and I will shortly be interviewed by my Principal and Domain Leader.  I also have been asked to present at a conference for 15 minutes on how we are using web 2.0.

My project has been informed by the following quote from Will Richards an American Educator.  He argues that

‘Learning in the 21st century is all about networks and the connections we can make to other learners and teachers both in our communities and around the globe. But being literate in this new learning environment requires more than knowing how to read and write, it requires us to edit, publish, collaborate, create and connect in the process of building our own personal learning spaces’

I feel that my role has been to inform, collabarate and apply,  my presentation  examines how this has been done including practical examples of how social media can be incorporated into assesment or used for communication.

•Information sharing

School Wiki (Web 2.0) •School Twitter (olmc staff) •Blog Web 2.0 and other library stuffThe Jay Dog

•Practical applications

Olmclibrary on twitter •Book trailersBook Wiki

•Collaboration

Facebook •GooglesitesCreating a blog

This week I have been attending Domain staff meetings to discuss how we can further integrate web 2.0 into assesment and presentation in 2010 .

One thought on “the role of web 2.0 in learning and teaching

1. Despite the bulk of information online we often fail to get the specific information which is needed this post is good & contains relevant information that I was in quest of .I appreciate your efforts in preparing this post.