Web 2.0 @olmclibrary

Following on from the facebook fan page and the twitter page Tricia and I had a discussion and we set up a reading wiki and an information wiki.  We will use these pages to communicate and engage with students and teachers.  we have created a new front page for the library on the School Intranet.  It looks something like this….

Welcome toWikidreading You can share your comments and ideas about reading and see what others have to say. In 2009, reading at olmc reached greater heights – more borrowing, more reviews, more discussion. Make sure you are part of this in 2010 Share your reviews here.

Welcome to the olmc library facebook page. Reviews, booktrailers, great links and more from olmclibrary for staff and students

Follow us on twitter for all your reading and information needs
http://wikidlinks.wikispaces.com/ for online resources, Web 2.0 and great links

Our core service is information and reading and we think we have it covered in this simple format.

I had my appraisal of my years self learning project on using Web 2.0 in the classroom and all went well.  My aim for next year is to work in the classroom more with teachers and students using practical web 2.0 applications in assessment and presentation.