Professional development and Social Media

2007 and it all changed for us in Education. We had technology and with Facebook Social Media went mainstream and we had to adapt.

For professional development I was an early adopter of Twitter settling on the moniker Larry the Librarian. I could connect with librarians and educators, I was exposed to ideas and could share thoughts.

Somehow my Twitter feed has become a mish-mash and I now question its value as professional development. As a school librarian I regard this as very important for building up my VIT hours. I intend to remake my professional twitter account as an learning tool. I will expand on this further and outline my intent and results in a post..

Facebook is troublesome for privacy, data and security issues and its sheer might it concerns me. It can be a very useful professional tool but I wish to sort it out for personal reasons to make it a more useful social tool for me. A post will follow.

This leads me to LinkedIn and my professional presence. My third task this break is to tidy up my websites and look at how I am presenting myself. This will hopefully lead to a focused professional and social media focus. Resharpening the brand as they say.